28000BPM WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
welcome to the forum, please take some time to read the forum rules and introduce yourself in the newbies section.
enjoy your stay
Latest topics
Holiday watches Tue Aug 15 2017, 20:47Elwood
15th August 2017Tue Aug 15 2017, 10:31Robti
Mon 14th August Mon Aug 14 2017, 11:54daff62
Sunday 13th August 2017.Sun Aug 13 2017, 13:32Iceblue
Friday 11th august Fri Aug 11 2017, 10:13daff62
Sunday 6th August 2017.Sun Aug 06 2017, 11:53daff62
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
33 Posts - 40%
30 Posts - 37%
5 Posts - 6%
4 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 2%
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2270
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

after a lot of thought

on Wed Apr 19 2017, 15:41
after an awful lot of thought and consideration i have decided now is the time to give up watches, i have collected and worked on them for 40+ years after all so now for something different...................

Yea RIGHT !!! Razz

I've been waiting with bated breath for a couple of days for my new watch to arrive and now it has i am over Saturns Moon with it cheers

its the Victorinox 241618 Chronograph, its not just any old chronograph though as it uses a very complex Soprod SOP FM13D Quartz, the same as the Tag Calibre-s, i wont try and describe how it works other than the date wheels act as 100th of seconds subdials and the 3 hands also work as seconds, minutes and hours.

check the fascinating video



the watch measures 45mm including the crown so not huge and is fitted with a treble coated interior AR coating, the dial detail, fit and finish is absolutely superb, so much so that i cant believe the Tag version can be any better, i used to have a wonderful Seiko Sumo, the quality of the Victorinox surpasses the Sumo easily
as you will see in the video the watch is actually very easy to use and once you know what is what its very intuitive.
This ticks all the boxes for me, all the smart watches around these days are one thing and IMO a flash in the pan, but this watch for me perfectly shows the evolution of watches and IMO they way they should go, its still a watch without all the nonsense......its the technology that makes it special and its the technology that makes it look just like a standard analogue watch





avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 1610
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough
http://www.28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk/

Re: after a lot of thought

on Wed Apr 19 2017, 16:07
I got all excited when I started to read your post and thought to myself " there could be one or two good watches for sale soon " and then I continued reading lol!

Don't actually know what to say apart from WOW that really is a beauty . those sub dials are so unusual especially as they are multi functional .

I did see you have used the famous " Fence post photography " yet again Very Happy

Very smart enjoy wearing it

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2270
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: after a lot of thought

on Wed Apr 19 2017, 16:11
@SeikoJohn wrote:I got all excited when I started to read your post and thought to myself " there could be one or two good watches for sale soon " and then I continued reading lol!

Don't actually know what to say apart from WOW that really is a beauty . those sub dials are so unusual especially as they are multi functional .

I did see you have used the famous " Fence post photography " yet again Very Happy  

Very smart enjoy wearing it

ahem ! "Fence Post Studio's" if you dont mind Wink
avatar
Iceblue
Admin
Posts : 739
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 42
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: after a lot of thought

on Wed Apr 19 2017, 16:58
I love the way the two chrono dials work for your stop watch function very nice indeed and something different from the norm

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/28000bpm/?ref=bookmarks
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1201
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: after a lot of thought

on Wed Apr 19 2017, 17:03
Great looking watch which packs in a lot of technology but avoids an overly busy and cluttered dial.

Love the video which clearly shows what the watch can do as well as how to do it. I would find that more helpful than reading through a huge manual. scratch

Another cracking watch in your collection though it has a lot of competition for wrist time. It must be getting hard to choose what watch to wear at times. Rolling Eyes
Daz
Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-04-18

Re: after a lot of thought

on Wed Apr 19 2017, 19:04
Nice watch enjoy it.
I am sure I recognise those fence posts but with a different avatar lol!
avatar
Elwood
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 314
Join date : 2016-09-26
Location : South West England

Re: after a lot of thought

on Wed Apr 19 2017, 20:10
That's a gorgeous looking watch, I'm quite taken with its appearance, is it rude to ask where you got it from? I was thinking like John, there might be some cheap watches for sale after reading the title of the post. I can assume there will not be a Pantor joining my collection in the near future then.
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2270
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: after a lot of thought

on Wed Apr 19 2017, 20:47
@Elwood wrote:That's a gorgeous looking watch, I'm quite taken with its appearance, is it rude to ask where you got it from? I was thinking like John, there might be some cheap watches for sale after reading the title of the post. I can assume there will not be a Pantor joining my collection in the near future then.

twas a joke Mad

i got it from ebay Wink
avatar
Elwood
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 314
Join date : 2016-09-26
Location : South West England

Re: after a lot of thought

on Wed Apr 19 2017, 20:53
@domecurb wrote:
@Elwood wrote:That's a gorgeous looking watch, I'm quite taken with its appearance, is it rude to ask where you got it from? I was thinking like John, there might be some cheap watches for sale after reading the title of the post. I can assume there will not be a Pantor joining my collection in the near future then.

twas a joke Mad

i got it from ebay Wink

I knew it was a joke, doesn't mask my disappointment though! Don't think my humour shone through in what I wrote. Still, that Victorinox has got me excited in a way I didn't think Victorinox was capable of doing.
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2270
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: after a lot of thought

on Wed Apr 19 2017, 21:26
@Elwood wrote:
@domecurb wrote:
@Elwood wrote:That's a gorgeous looking watch, I'm quite taken with its appearance, is it rude to ask where you got it from? I was thinking like John, there might be some cheap watches for sale after reading the title of the post. I can assume there will not be a Pantor joining my collection in the near future then.

twas a joke Mad

i got it from ebay Wink

I knew it was a joke, doesn't mask my disappointment though! Don't think my humour shone through in what I wrote. Still, that Victorinox has got me excited in a way I didn't think Victorinox was capable of doing.

some people seem down on them as a brand, but they make some excellent watches as do the whole Hanowa group
avatar
Elwood
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 314
Join date : 2016-09-26
Location : South West England

Re: after a lot of thought

on Wed Apr 19 2017, 21:30
I've not had a downer on them as such, more a mixture of them not entering my watch psyche or me being slightly dismissive without thinking about why. What other makes are in the Hanowa group?
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2270
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: after a lot of thought

on Wed Apr 19 2017, 21:43
@Elwood wrote:I've not had a downer on them as such, more a mixture of them not entering my watch psyche or me being slightly dismissive without thinking about why.  What other makes are in the Hanowa group?

well there is Hanowa themselves, Wenger [ i know Laughing ] Swiss Army and of course Victorinox..sure there is another but cant remember at the moment......prices vary greatly on all brands, but this refelcts the movements they use, the G10 powered ones tend to be the cheapest

this is imo one of the nicest they make and with a nice Ronda 5030 startech movement

Sponsored content

Re: after a lot of thought

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum