28000BPM WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
welcome to the forum, please take some time to read the forum rules and introduce yourself in the newbies section.
enjoy your stay
Latest topics
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
40 Posts - 38%
36 Posts - 34%
9 Posts - 8%
6 Posts - 6%
5 Posts - 5%
5 Posts - 5%
5 Posts - 5%
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Elwood

Anyone like Pro Treks?

on Sat 4 Mar - 21:44
I kind of secretly wanted a new watch each moth this year though don't have a huge budget.  So far I've bought a 1977 Bulova hummer and luckily won a great Seconda Quartz chrono from John. Both are getting loads of wrist time though I'm still itching for the next one.  I really have a wide taste in watches which appeal to me,
anything from vintage watches going back to the 50s, 60s dress watches, big chunky 70s automatics, electronics watches, Quartz, solar powered, digitals, Russian, American, Japanese, Swiss - pretty much anything.

At the moment I've been looking at smart watches to go with a strap I've invested in through Kickstarter. It allows you to answer calls using your finger to listen to the call. However, I don't have an iPhone so wouldn't get one of those and I haven't quite found something else I like, also delivery of the watch has been delayed from February to August so I'm now looking for something else though still with a bit of a gadget aspect. Despite feeling almost duty bound to scratch an ever growing itch to get my first Seiko diver, I am increasingly tempted to get a Casio watch. I started by looking at a £35 watch which has a compass. Then I thought it would be better to have a solar model which has this function (+£££), but I would only lust after the solar atomic model (+£££), and regret not having the solar, atomic model with a titanium wrist band (+£££). I am a bit prone to getting carried away so reigned my self in a bit, and having tried on a titanium Casio I would sacrifice this without hesitation.  I'm not ready for a G Shock yet!   I've been looking at the Pro Trek range, and there are quite a few models which are below £200, not seen any mentioned on the forum before either.
I'm thinking of getting something like this, comments and observations would be really welcome. It ticks every box as a gadget type watch though might be a bit large for what I'm used to.

3000G-7D
[url=

Here are some of features
Leather Band, Solar Powered, set automatically using the atomic clock,
Digital Compass, Altimeter, Barometer, Thermometer
World Time - 31 Time Zones
Sunrise, Sunset Time Display
1/10-Second Stopwatch
Countdown Timer
5 Daily Alarms (With 1 Snooze Alarm)
Hourly Time Signal
Battery Level Indicator
Power Saving
100M Water Resistance

Size Of Case: 56 x 47 x 12.3mm
Iceblue
Admin

Re: Anyone like Pro Treks?

on Sat 4 Mar - 21:52
I have looked into pro trek in the past but for me it's a head to head with g shock and personal preference I seem to go for g shocks , but to be fair I have never owned a pro trek so may be I need to own one So at least I can carry out a reality head to head not a visual