28000BPM WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
welcome to the forum, please take some time to read the forum rules and introduce yourself in the newbies section.
enjoy your stay
Latest topics
Holiday watches Tue Aug 15 2017, 20:47Elwood
15th August 2017Tue Aug 15 2017, 10:31Robti
Mon 14th August Mon Aug 14 2017, 11:54daff62
Sunday 13th August 2017.Sun Aug 13 2017, 13:32Iceblue
Friday 11th august Fri Aug 11 2017, 10:13daff62
Sunday 6th August 2017.Sun Aug 06 2017, 11:53daff62
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
33 Posts - 40%
30 Posts - 37%
5 Posts - 6%
4 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 5%
2 Posts - 2%
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
Iceblue
Admin
Posts : 739
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 42
Location : Bedfordshire

Another orient back from the brink

on Sun Feb 19 2017, 16:25
So I have had this for a while but the Quartz movement was shot , so after a while trying to source that was impossible and I had a battered old orient that had a working movement, bingo 1/2 hour later and back from the brink of the scrap watch heap another orient Quartz divers survived

Orient Quartz
D39748-90
10 bar wr
42mm case
21mm lugs
Anti-clockwise bezel
Fitted on a 20mm rubber


_________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/28000bpm/?ref=bookmarks
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2270
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Another orient back from the brink

on Sun Feb 19 2017, 16:42
well done Andy, nice dial lol!
avatar
Iceblue
Admin
Posts : 739
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 42
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: Another orient back from the brink

on Sun Feb 19 2017, 16:45
Cheers Bruce it was a toss up between this and another one I had and this one had more going for it , the other one was a two tone divers and the hand are not that great

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/28000bpm/?ref=bookmarks
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2270
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Another orient back from the brink

on Sun Feb 19 2017, 16:47
@Iceblue wrote:Cheers Bruce it was a toss up between this and another one I had and this one had more going for it , the other one was a two tone divers and the hand are not that great
dont forget i have another for you too which will also need a movement................i will remember to post it ....Honest !! Shocked
avatar
Iceblue
Admin
Posts : 739
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 42
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: Another orient back from the brink

on Sun Feb 19 2017, 16:51
@domecurb wrote:
@Iceblue wrote:Cheers Bruce it was a toss up between this and another one I had and this one had more going for it , the other one was a two tone divers and the hand are not that great
dont forget i have another for you too which will also need a movement................i will remember to post it ....Honest !! Shocked

A quick question am I right in saying that most older orient Quartz used the same movement in house depending on if they are day or day date on non day date approx three different movements

Domecurb I am getting excited lol

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/28000bpm/?ref=bookmarks
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 1610
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough
http://www.28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk/

Re: Another orient back from the brink

on Sun Feb 19 2017, 17:07
Well done Andy it looks great and a personal achievement knowing you brought it back to life

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 1610
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough
http://www.28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk/

Re: Another orient back from the brink

on Sun Feb 19 2017, 17:57
How many Orients is this you have now Andy ? come on be honest Very Happy

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
Iceblue
Admin
Posts : 739
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 42
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: Another orient back from the brink

on Sun Feb 19 2017, 18:08
@SeikoJohn wrote:How many Orients is this you have now Andy ? come on be honest Very Happy

5 at the moment and possibly being supprised by a fellow member

3 up and running

2 need fixing

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/28000bpm/?ref=bookmarks
avatar
Iceblue
Admin
Posts : 739
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 42
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: Another orient back from the brink

on Sun Feb 19 2017, 18:08
But to be honist finding movements is like fine rocking horse poo

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/28000bpm/?ref=bookmarks
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2270
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Another orient back from the brink

on Sun Feb 19 2017, 18:36
@Iceblue wrote:
@domecurb wrote:
@Iceblue wrote:Cheers Bruce it was a toss up between this and another one I had and this one had more going for it , the other one was a two tone divers and the hand are not that great
dont forget i have another for you too which will also need a movement................i will remember to post it ....Honest !! Shocked

A quick question am I right in saying that most older orient Quartz used the same movement in house depending on if they are day or day date on non day date approx three different movements

Domecurb I am getting excited lol

they are all very similar and i would imagine any orient quartz from that era will fit...they are out there....you just need to find them Wink
avatar
Iceblue
Admin
Posts : 739
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 42
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: Another orient back from the brink

on Sun Feb 19 2017, 18:48
Find them I will try lol

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/28000bpm/?ref=bookmarks
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1201
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Another orient back from the brink

on Sun Feb 19 2017, 19:45
@Iceblue wrote:So I have had this for a while but the Quartz movement was shot , so after a while trying to source that was impossible and I had a battered old orient that had a working movement, bingo 1/2 hour later and back from the brink of the scrap watch heap another orient Quartz divers survived

Orient Quartz
D39748-90
10 bar wr
42mm case
21mm lugs
Anti-clockwise bezel
Fitted on a 20mm rubber


Great result It must be very rewarding bringing a watch back to life which may otherwise be discarded. While the movements may be rare no doubt part of the pleasure will be keeping a look out & finding them when they do appear. Very Happy
avatar
Iceblue
Admin
Posts : 739
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 42
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: Another orient back from the brink

on Sun Feb 19 2017, 20:20
@daff62 wrote:
@Iceblue wrote:So I have had this for a while but the Quartz movement was shot , so after a while trying to source that was impossible and I had a battered old orient that had a working movement, bingo 1/2 hour later and back from the brink of the scrap watch heap another orient Quartz divers survived

Orient Quartz
D39748-90
10 bar wr
42mm case
21mm lugs
Anti-clockwise bezel
Fitted on a 20mm rubber


Great result It must be very rewarding bringing a watch back to life which may otherwise be discarded. While the movements may be rare no doubt part of the pleasure will be keeping a look out & finding them when they do appear. Very Happy

It's a great pleasure and a great felling bringing. It back from the scrap heap , finding them and trying to find the parts are a nice challenge worth the hunt

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/28000bpm/?ref=bookmarks
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1201
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Another orient back from the brink

on Sun Feb 19 2017, 21:11


Great result It must be very rewarding bringing a watch back to life which may otherwise be discarded. While the movements may be rare no doubt part of the pleasure will be keeping a look out & finding them when they do appear. Very Happy [/quote]

It's a great pleasure and a great felling bringing. It back from the scrap heap , finding them and trying to find the parts are a nice challenge worth the hunt [/quote]

There's also a lot of knowledge and experience involved which I respect.

I wonder how many parts, broken watches, cases etc forum members have accumulated over the years. Bet there is a fair amount of "treasures". Very Happy
avatar
Iceblue
Admin
Posts : 739
Join date : 2016-10-19
Age : 42
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: Another orient back from the brink

on Sun Feb 19 2017, 21:20
Yep I have another two orient divers one that needs a movement and hands and one I don't no yet what it needs , I also have a little box full of parts that Domecurb kindly gave me so I have probebley the largest parts selection in the world if sourcing them is anything to go by lol

I officially name myself the largest vintage orient Quartz stockists not lol!

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/groups/28000bpm/?ref=bookmarks
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1201
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Another orient back from the brink

on Sun Feb 19 2017, 21:32
I'm quite good when it comes to broken watches though I have had years to accumulate them. lol!
Sponsored content

Re: Another orient back from the brink

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum