28000BPM WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
welcome to the forum, please take some time to read the forum rules and introduce yourself in the newbies section.
enjoy your stay
Latest topics
Forum shuttingToday at 11:07daff62
Friday 18 August 2017.Fri Aug 18 2017, 10:16daff62
Wednesday 16th August 2017.Thu Aug 17 2017, 12:11daff62
Thursday 17th August 2017.Thu Aug 17 2017, 12:08daff62
Holiday watches Tue Aug 15 2017, 20:47Elwood
15th August 2017Tue Aug 15 2017, 10:31Robti
Mon 14th August Mon Aug 14 2017, 11:54daff62
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
40 Posts - 38%
36 Posts - 34%
9 Posts - 8%
6 Posts - 6%
5 Posts - 5%
5 Posts - 5%
5 Posts - 5%
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2271
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Tuesday 10th January

on Tue Jan 10 2017, 00:40
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Pantor today, Skullduggery in the back ground....................Alas poor Yorick .................i didnt know him at all actually silent
avatar
SteveB
Posts : 158
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Tuesday 10th January

on Tue Jan 10 2017, 10:09


Pianist Andre Tchaikowsky left his skull to the RSC when he died in 1982 in the hope it would be used on stage.
But since his death at the age of 46, it had only been used in rehearsals.
Tennant held it on stage during the famous "Alas, poor Yorick" scene in 22 performances at the Courtyard Theatre, in Stratford-upon-Avon.
avatar
SteveB
Posts : 158
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Tuesday 10th January

on Tue Jan 10 2017, 11:35
Swiss Mentor circa 1970

avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 1616
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough
http://www.28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk/

Re: Tuesday 10th January

on Tue Jan 10 2017, 11:36
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I put this on this morning and realised it wasnt working .. no secondhand movement Sad



So decided to put this big beauty on and make a statement



I have even changed it over to my left wrist for a change

_________________
“A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.” - Lee Segall
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1209
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Tuesday 10th January

on Tue Jan 10 2017, 12:09
@SeikoJohn wrote:I put this on this morning and realised it wasnt working .. no secondhand movement Sad



So decided to put this big beauty on and make a statement  

If the Seiko has been working recently it's strange that it has just ceased up. scratch Have you tried moving the hands using the crown to see if they are colliding with each other or just giving it a strong left to right shake? Probably could have worded that better but hopefully it makes sense. Very Happy

Out of interest what are the dimensions of the Invicta? I'm hoping the weight of it isn't proportional to the size. Shocked
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1209
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Tuesday 10th January

on Tue Jan 10 2017, 12:19
I am going with this Longines Conquest. Very Happy

" />
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 1616
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough
http://www.28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk/

Re: Tuesday 10th January

on Tue Jan 10 2017, 12:32
@daff62 wrote:
If the Seiko has been working recently it's strange that it has just ceased up. scratch Have you tried moving the hands using the crown to see if they are colliding with each other or just giving it a strong left to right shake? Probably could have worded that better but hopefully it makes sense. Very Happy

Out of interest what are the dimensions of the Invicta? I'm hoping the weight of it isn't proportional to the size. Shocked

The Invicta is surprisingly light I do not have a tape measure to hand but will get back to you re the dimensions.

As for the Seiko it was working but I havent wore it for a long time , I have a feeling I might have dropped it but can not be 100% sure , yup I wound on the hands and gave it a rather good shake but still nothing ..
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2271
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Tuesday 10th January

on Tue Jan 10 2017, 12:34
@SeikoJohn wrote:
@daff62 wrote:
If the Seiko has been working recently it's strange that it has just ceased up. scratch Have you tried moving the hands using the crown to see if they are colliding with each other or just giving it a strong left to right shake? Probably could have worded that better but hopefully it makes sense. Very Happy

Out of interest what are the dimensions of the Invicta? I'm hoping the weight of it isn't proportional to the size. Shocked

The Invicta is surprisingly light I do not have a tape measure to hand but will get back to you re the dimensions.

As for the Seiko it was working but I havent wore it for a long time , I have a feeling I might have dropped it but can not be 100% sure ,  yup I wound on the hands and gave it a rather good shake but still nothing ..

turn it face down in the palm of your hand and give it 6 hard slaps on the case back
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2271
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Tuesday 10th January

on Tue Jan 10 2017, 12:35
@daff62 wrote:I am going with this Longines Conquest. Very Happy

" />

now that i likey Very Happy
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 1616
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough
http://www.28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk/

Re: Tuesday 10th January

on Tue Jan 10 2017, 13:22
@daff62 wrote:

Out of interest what are the dimensions of the Invicta? I'm hoping the weight of it isn't proportional to the size. Shocked

Top to bottom is approx 60mm lug end to lug end
Case only without lugs 50mm

Left to right inc crown 53mm

avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1209
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Tuesday 10th January

on Tue Jan 10 2017, 14:23
@SeikoJohn wrote:
@daff62 wrote:

Out of interest what are the dimensions of the Invicta? I'm hoping the weight of it isn't proportional to the size. Shocked

Top to bottom is approx 60mm lug end to lug end
Case only without lugs 50mm

Left to right inc crown 53mm


Thanks, that's quite a size and must be one of your biggest watches. Very Happy
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1209
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Tuesday 10th January

on Tue Jan 10 2017, 14:32
@domecurb wrote:
@daff62 wrote:I am going with this Longines Conquest. Very Happy

" />

now that i likey Very Happy

Thanks Bruce.

I noticed this morning it had stopped so once I got the case back off there was the usual struggle with the two small screws which secure the battery clasp. No mishaps though and a lot quicker than the 2 hours it took me to get the tiny screws back into an omega watch recently. Rolling Eyes
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 1616
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough
http://www.28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk/

Re: Tuesday 10th January

on Tue Jan 10 2017, 15:46
@daff62 wrote:
Thanks, that's quite a size and must be one of your biggest watches. Very Happy

Oh its a big one alright Very Happy
avatar
Mr Levity
Posts : 130
Join date : 2016-12-06
Age : 52
Location : Essex

Re: Tuesday 10th January

on Tue Jan 10 2017, 19:04
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
This one for a meal out with the family tonight. Now back home to a bottle of something red and a Star Trek Movie.

avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2271
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Tuesday 10th January

on Tue Jan 10 2017, 21:21
@Mr Levity wrote:This one for a meal out with the family tonight. Now back home to a bottle of something red and a Star Trek Movie.


oooh.. laurel and hardy AND Star Trek.........i like you
Sponsored content

Re: Tuesday 10th January

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum