28000BPM WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
welcome to the forum, please take some time to read the forum rules and introduce yourself in the newbies section.
enjoy your stay
Latest topics
Zetime smart watch Yesterday at 22:47Elwood
Forum shuttingYesterday at 22:04domecurb
Friday 18 August 2017.Fri Aug 18 2017, 10:16daff62
Wednesday 16th August 2017.Thu Aug 17 2017, 12:11daff62
Thursday 17th August 2017.Thu Aug 17 2017, 12:08daff62
Holiday watches Tue Aug 15 2017, 20:47Elwood
15th August 2017Tue Aug 15 2017, 10:31Robti
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
46 Posts - 34%
46 Posts - 34%
16 Posts - 12%
10 Posts - 7%
8 Posts - 6%
6 Posts - 4%
5 Posts - 4%
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
PC-Magician
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 66
Join date : 2016-11-23

Mondaine Watches

on Mon Jan 02 2017, 00:59
Any opinions on Mondaine Watches?
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2282
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Mondaine Watches

on Mon Jan 02 2017, 11:06
personally i dont like them, they were clearly designed to represent a station clock and to be easily read which they are.
the default version everyone seems to buy is this:

to me it is almost toy like
this one is a bit better IMO

but still not that keen
there are some auto's and some manually wound, but most i think are quartz..none IMO warrant the prices
all just my taste and opinion, they are clearly popular....so what do i know Very Happy
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1214
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Mondaine Watches

on Mon Jan 02 2017, 12:04
I don't own one but I must admit to quite liking their simplistic and uncluttered style. Their chronograph watches imo also manage to avoid being overly fussy albeit with the extra functions. Whether the build quality / movements etc quantifies the price though is another matter.

Talking about prices (when buying new) there does seem to be variances. Had a quick look at the Mondaine A660 30328 11SBB for example which ranges from £127 to £169. If you decided on a specific model it would be worthwhile having a good shop around for the best price / deal. Very Happy

avatar
apm101
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 41
Join date : 2016-10-19
Location : Laandaan

Re: Mondaine Watches

on Wed Jan 04 2017, 16:28
I quite like these, actually, as with daff, the simplicity and iconic design appeal. I do think they can be a bit overpriced, though.

I actually received a not dissimilar looking Braun quartz from Father Chrtistmas, which is a nice-looking thing (I think).

One of these:

avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1214
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Mondaine Watches

on Wed Jan 04 2017, 17:13
@apm101 wrote:I quite like these, actually, as with daff, the simplicity and iconic design appeal. I do think they can be a bit overpriced, though.

I actually received a not dissimilar looking Braun quartz from Father Chrtistmas, which is a nice-looking thing (I think).

One of these:


That's lovely and what a great Christmas present. While the date window is quite small it compliments imo , the overall clear and uncluttered design of the watch. Very Happy
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2282
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Mondaine Watches

on Wed Jan 04 2017, 17:22
@apm101 wrote:I quite like these, actually, as with daff, the simplicity and iconic design appeal. I do think they can be a bit overpriced, though.

I actually received a not dissimilar looking Braun quartz from Father Chrtistmas, which is a nice-looking thing (I think).

One of these:


now i think that works as a design, no big red lollypop sweeping round the dial, its very very nice

on a side note: i dont know why Braun are now advertising verbally as Brown, i know Braun means Brown in German but its pronounced differently....as it should be ..
could it be there are links to Eva Braun ? IMO if there is thats just history and doesnt warrant a change in name pronunciation especially as the spelling remains the same IMHHO
rant over Laughing
avatar
PC-Magician
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 66
Join date : 2016-11-23

Re: Mondaine Watches

on Wed Jan 04 2017, 19:35
Well ended up with this at a good price.
Running 2 seconds a day.



avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1214
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: Mondaine Watches

on Wed Jan 04 2017, 19:43
I really like the design of these watches & that one looks great. You must be really chuffed. Very Happy
avatar
PC-Magician
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 66
Join date : 2016-11-23

Re: Mondaine Watches

on Wed Jan 04 2017, 20:01
@daff62 wrote:I really like the design of these watches & that one looks great. You must be really chuffed. Very Happy

Very chuffed this model feels very well made and the Selita movement runs ver smoothly.
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2282
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Mondaine Watches

on Wed Jan 04 2017, 20:16
@PC-Magician wrote:
@daff62 wrote:I really like the design of these watches & that one looks great. You must be really chuffed. Very Happy

Very chuffed this model feels very well made and the Selita movement runs ver smoothly.

SW200 i assume, every bit as good as an eta Very Happy
avatar
PC-Magician
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 66
Join date : 2016-11-23

Re: Mondaine Watches

on Wed Jan 04 2017, 20:35
@domecurb wrote:
@PC-Magician wrote:
@daff62 wrote:I really like the design of these watches & that one looks great. You must be really chuffed. Very Happy

Very chuffed this model feels very well made and the Selita movement runs ver smoothly.

SW200  i assume, every bit as good as an eta Very Happy

Correct
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2282
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: Mondaine Watches

on Wed Jan 04 2017, 20:38
@PC-Magician wrote:
@domecurb wrote:
@PC-Magician wrote:
@daff62 wrote:I really like the design of these watches & that one looks great. You must be really chuffed. Very Happy

Very chuffed this model feels very well made and the Selita movement runs ver smoothly.

SW200  i assume, every bit as good as an eta Very Happy

Correct

and available for the foreseeable future Wink
Sponsored content

Re: Mondaine Watches

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum