28000BPM WATCH AND CLOCK FORUM
welcome to the forum, please take some time to read the forum rules and introduce yourself in the newbies section.
enjoy your stay
Latest topics
Holiday watches Tue Aug 15 2017, 20:47Elwood
15th August 2017Tue Aug 15 2017, 10:31Robti
Mon 14th August Mon Aug 14 2017, 11:54daff62
Sunday 13th August 2017.Sun Aug 13 2017, 13:32Iceblue
Friday 11th august Fri Aug 11 2017, 10:13daff62
Sunday 6th August 2017.Sun Aug 06 2017, 11:53daff62
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
33 Posts - 41%
29 Posts - 36%
5 Posts - 6%
4 Posts - 5%
4 Posts - 5%
3 Posts - 4%
2 Posts - 3%
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar

Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+


Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 1609
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough
http://www.28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk/

unusual looking watch dial

on Tue Nov 29 2016, 10:48
I was searching through ebay and came across this dial it is called Astern Ahead



REckon it might lok kind of cool in a watch just not sure
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2270
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: unusual looking watch dial

on Tue Nov 29 2016, 10:51
certainly unusual
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1201
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: unusual looking watch dial

on Tue Nov 29 2016, 12:02
I think it looks quite cool as well. Very Happy

I don't know if the date window at 6 o'clock would be an issue if using it on another watch. The hands would also have to stand out sufficiently not to be lost with the bold features of the dial.
avatar
SeikoJohn
Admin
Posts : 1609
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 45
Location : Middlesbrough
http://www.28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk/

Re: unusual looking watch dial

on Tue Nov 29 2016, 12:06
@daff62 wrote: The hands would also have to stand out sufficiently not to be lost with the bold features of the dial.

I agree what you are saying about the hands , I think the hands on the watch Bruce shows do not stand out enough , I would maybe have them blue .



avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2270
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: unusual looking watch dial

on Tue Nov 29 2016, 12:21
@SeikoJohn wrote:
@daff62 wrote: The hands would also have to stand out sufficiently not to be lost with the bold features of the dial.

I agree what you are saying about the hands , I think the hands on the watch Bruce shows do not stand out enough , I would maybe have them blue .




i think brass would work as thats what they would be on the real thing .
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1201
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: unusual looking watch dial

on Tue Nov 29 2016, 12:25
Possibly something like this.......

" />

It wouldn't need to be red but would be nice if the sweep second hand had a matching colour on its tip. Something with a strong lume would be good as well. Very Happy
avatar
daff62
FULL MEMBER
Posts : 1201
Join date : 2016-09-26

Re: unusual looking watch dial

on Tue Nov 29 2016, 12:29
@domecurb wrote:
@SeikoJohn wrote:
@daff62 wrote: The hands would also have to stand out sufficiently not to be lost with the bold features of the dial.

I agree what you are saying about the hands , I think the hands on the watch Bruce shows do not stand out enough , I would maybe have them blue .




i think brass would work as thats what they would be on the real thing .

That's a very good idea. I think if there was a strip of lume within the brass hand that would be really nice. Very Happy
avatar
Pip
Posts : 51
Join date : 2016-11-26
Age : 49
Location : Berkshire, England

Re: unusual looking watch dial

on Thu Dec 01 2016, 17:06
Brass with lume would be very cool on the white one. Would have to be the right width for the one in the OP or they'd get lost if too narrow.
avatar
domecurb
Admin
Posts : 2270
Join date : 2016-09-18
Location : Scotland
http://28000bpm.forumotion.co.uk

Re: unusual looking watch dial

on Thu Dec 01 2016, 17:10
@Pip wrote:Brass with lume would be very cool on the white one. Would have to be the right width for the one in the OP or they'd get lost if too narrow.

agreed and if you could fit it all in a brass or bronze case that would make a very nice watch Very Happy
Sponsored content

Re: unusual looking watch dial

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum